Brunching is definitely in order on Mother’s Day. But after champagne and Eggs Sardou, what will you do?
- Mother’s Day at the Deering Estate at Cutler’s annual Mother’s Day Brunch on Sunday, May 10, 2015 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm. Enjoy a variety of appetizing dishes and desserts provided by Chef David Schwadron Catering and Event Design, tour the grand Stone House and historic Richmond Cottage, and take in the natural beauty and grandeur of the Estate.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden knows what your mom wants, and that’s choices. Treat your favorite lady to a delicious brunch hosted by the award-winning Creative Tastes Catering and Events Production Company.
- Area 31, The Epic’s 16th floor terrace is hosting brunch with a view. It’s $75 for adults and $35 for kids from 10-3 pm.
- Fusion Café is serving up a soul food pop-up buffet by Chef Amaris Jones and Chef Ire. $35 adults and $25 for kids from 10-5 pm.
- Bianca at the Delano , with new executive chef Vikram Katoch, is launching its new brunch buffet that includes endless Bloody Mary’s and champagne at $90 for adults and $45 for children from 11-4 pm.
- Schnebly Winery down in Homestead is a great choice for a farm-fresh buffet by Chef Dewey LoSasso. Enjoy unlimited mimosas and beermosas at $39.95 for adults and $19.95 for kids from 11:30-4 pm.
- Zak the Baker is open for his usual Sunday chalkboard menu in Wynwood.
- Your Mom can feel like a princess, or queen, as you take a tour of Vizcaya or she can spend an afternoon on Vizcaya’s North Terrace, weather permitting, sipping tea and enjoying the picturesque view of Biscayne Bay.
- Voyage through Miami’s museums with “Buy One, Get One Free” admission during May, also known as Miami Museum Month. Or, you can also take advantage of “Join One Museum, See Them All” at participating museums during Miami Museum Month. This is your chance to museum hop and experience the Miami cultural scene. Now, Mom can go everywhere she wants to go!
- If your mom loves Farmers Markets, get her excited by taking her to the Farmers Market in Pinecrest Gardens, where she can get excited over fresh organic produce, artisan baked goods, flowers, soy candles and much more. Don’t worry, you and Mom can savor BBQ, conch fritters and pizza too as you stroll among the goodies. Be sure that she’ll want to take some items home, and maybe you too!
- Try the Mother’s Day Sea Kayak & Snorkel Adventure at the Crandon Park EcoCenter. If you want to dial down the action a bit, there’s the Mother’s Day Canoe Tour at Crandon Gardens for a unique adventure on the holiday. Pack a great bottle of bubbly and leave it on ice. Then have a beach picnic after the water sports.
The Bottom Line
- As long as you’re spending it with your kids, family or friends, nothing else matters. Happy Mother’s Day!
I’m an estate specialist in the Village of Pinecrest, Coral Gables and Coconut Grove and your best source for news and information on South Florida real estate. I welcome your call, text or email to schedule a buyer, seller or investor appointment.
Miami-Dade Mother’s Day Guide
Miami Herald Mother’s Day Guide