Here are some creepy stats on consumer perceptions on buying a “haunted” house.
Would you buy a haunted house?
- 26% would consider buying a haunted house
- 36% might consider a haunted house
- 38% would not consider a haunted house
What would be the deal breaker in considering the purchase of a haunted house?
- 75% levitating objects
- 63% objects moved from where they were placed
- 63% ghost sightings
- 61% supernatural sensations
- 61% flickering lights or applicances
- 60% by strange noises (doors slamming, footsteps)
- 34% by warm or cold spots
Would you expect a discount for a haunted house?
- 75% said yes.
- 12% would pay full market value
What are good warning signs that a house is haunted?
- cemeteries on the property
- homes over 100 years old
- quick turnover of ownership
- unexplained low price on the home
- close proximity to a battlefield
Data is courtesy of Florida Realtors News and Events
I am a luxury real estate specialists. If you would like to schedule a buyer or seller meeting, fee free to call me at 305-898-1852 or drop me a note at Wellins.D@ewm.com.